The beauty and wonder of the world that we live in is beyond comprehension. Every animal, plant, insect, and human is a unique creation that in themselves are miracles.
Mother Earth sustains life for us all, with the powerhouse of our sun providing energy for all life like a huge battery, The plants transform this energy into food for animals and materials for our use.
Preservation through Appreciation
We live in unprecedented times. Never have we been at such an apex of advanced technology and knowledge. Yet the most basic forms of wisdom, we tend to overlook and to the danger of our own species.
In order to preserve this incredible planet and the sheer miracle and wonder of all the life that exists upon it, we much first appreciate it and take personal responsibility for it.
If we do not appreciate it, it will be taken away from us, or our privilege of being witness to this, the greatest of all miracles ever known, will be taken away.
It is not our entitlement to exist at this point in time and space.
It is an honour. It is our duty as individuals to protect this miracle. For all of us who have the honour to exist here. Let us educate our children to protect our outstanding world. Let us teach them and ourselves to appreciate it.
Sustaining our beautiful plant
Ten Simple Things You Can Do to Help Protect the Earth
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Cut down on what you throw away. Follow the three “R’s” to conserve natural resources and landfill space.
- Volunteer. Volunteer for cleanups in your community. You can get involved in protecting your watershed, too.
- Educate. When you further your own education, you can help others understand the importance and value of our natural resources.
- Conserve water. The less water you use, the less runoff and wastewater that eventually end up in the ocean.
- Choose sustainable. Learn how to make smart seafood choices at www.fishwatch.gov.
- Shop wisely. Buy less plastic and bring a reusable shopping bag.
- Use long-lasting light bulbs. Energy-efficient light bulbs reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Also, flip the light switch off when you leave the room!
- Plant a tree. Trees provide food and oxygen. They help save energy, clean the air, and help combat climate change.
- Don’t send chemicals into our waterways. Choose non-toxic chemicals in the home and office.
- Bike more. Drive less.